Thursday, September 27, 2012

Foreign Frights from Vietnam

   Before I bore people with my stroll down memory lane, I want to share with you a foreign horror movie that I watched recently,   Muoi: The Legend of a portrait
I really liked this movie.  It tells the story of a Korean journalist who travels to Vietnam in search of the truth behind the legend of painting of a girl named Muoi.  While traveling to Vietnam, the journalist visits and old friend that she betrayed years before.  Right from the beginning the audience gets a sense that there is something off about the friend.  During this time, there are also flashbacks of what may have been Muoi's life and whether or not the legend is based on fact.  I enjoyed this movie because it's just plain spooky.  You don't really know what is going on with the friend until the very end.  Then it all comes together in sort of an AH HA moment.
This movie is considered to be the first horror film produced in Vietnam.  There was some controversy due to the fact that it was mostly filmed in Korea and it had and "under-16" ban due to some graphic images.  Check it out and tell me what you think.     

No comments:

Post a Comment